With revenues of more than $3 billion USD, Mercator Group operates dozens of companies and businesses across Southeastern Europe powered by nearly 900 servers, 2,600 network devices, 2,200 PCs, and 3,400 point-of-sale (POS) systems. As it outgrew legacy IT service management (ITSM) systems, the company sought to transform IT into a modern operation aligned with ITIL® best practices.
Mercator chose BMC to help drive its IT transformation based on several factors including out-of-the-box support for ITIL; BMC’s consistent placement in the Gartner leaders’ quadrant for ITSM solutions; and the proven reputation and stability of BMC Software as a technology provider.
BMC solutions have helped Mercator mature its ITSM capabilities across the enterprise, with particular emphasis on service desk, performance and availability monitoring, change management, and release management.
- The number of tickets submitted through a self-service portal has risen from 25% to 75%, freeing up agents’ time and increasing productivity.
- First-call problem resolution in Slovenia increased 20% in the first six months.
- BMC solutions power an internal business unit to sell IT consulting services and solutions, creating a new revenue stream for the company.
- Consolidated monitoring and proactive resolution enable staff to head off problems before they affect users and business services.
- Standardized ITIL processes and categorizations have improved service desk efficiency and performance assessment.
- Automated discovery provides a centralized repository of configuration items, enabling faster problem resolution and informed purchase decisions.
“We have just begun to move toward our goal of standardizing and optimizing IT processes and we are already realizing significant benefits.”— Damir Suban, Project Manager, Mercator