BMC demonstrates its commitment to corporate social responsibility with actions that directly affect the people and communities in which we live and work. With investments of volunteer time, giving, and building partnerships in our community, we empower our employees to make a real difference through BMC Cares.
Strategic Focus of BMC Cares
BMC is active in supporting charitable programs and humanitarian efforts as well as establishing global sustainable initiatives with a specific emphasis on these four areas:
- Health and Wellness
- Education and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Social and Community Enrichment
- Environmental Citizenship
“BMC is a community partner. We work with key organizations both globally and locally to carry out our mission. The BMC Cares program continually works toward enabling employees to explore causes and initiatives they are passionate about. Our employees are able to use up to 2 volunteer time off days per year to support their commitment to the community." — Eric Olmo, Sr Vice President People & Spaces
Our employees are proud to give back to their communities across the globe (1:55)
BMC has an integrated approach to environmental management that includes continued accreditation by the International Standard Organization for ISO 14001:2015. Our Environmental Policy reflects our commitment to continually improving our performance by setting annual targets, reviewing our objectives, and measuring progress via formal audits. Recent successes include:
- Reduction in our levels of energy consumption
- Using, storing, controlling and disposing of waste
- Purchasing items produced from sustainable sources
- Preventing and reducing our pollution
- Recording our travel carbon emissions and reducing travel impact
- Encouraging employee engagement in our environmental programs
Employees volunteering for water conservation and mitigation of drought
We value the unique strengths of people from diverse backgrounds
BMC fosters a diverse and inclusive environment because we believe hiring people from diverse backgrounds helps to strengthen the skill set of the entire company. We also foster strategic alliances with organizations in order to contribute to our mutual success.
- In the workplace: As an Equal Opportunity Employer we work to enable all employees to realize their potential through support systems such as Employee Resources Groups (ERGs) that include Veterans and Women in Technology & Business.
- In the community: BMC employees support numerous local charitable programs and humanitarian activities as well as programs that support diversity in social services, wellness, and higher education.
- Business-to-business: As a global business, we are proud to engage in business relationships with minority-owned, women-owned, and veteran-owned companies through the Supplier Diversity Program.
Questions? Contact Diversity@BMC.com ›
"It feels great to participate in the various initiatives that make a difference—fulfilling hard work and a feeling of contentment to give back to the community. All it takes is a willing heart and a BIG smile, and you can really change the world one piece at a time!" — Chaula Diwanji, Sourcing Analyst