Day 2 Operations
BMC Day 2 Operations, performed by the BMC Applications Managed Service (AMS) team, will manage up to three environments for one BMC Product Family* for a period of 90 calendar days immediately following a successful go-live. At the end of the 90 days, BMC will hand over the operations to Customer’s designee or continue full-fledged AMS Operations support if Customer chooses to buy relevant AMS Offering.
What you get:
The Consulting Services across each product in the BMC Product Family will include administrative activities such as:
- Content management
- Product configuration
- Operational reporting
For new BMC AMS customers, the Service includes a period of due diligence to validate the scope and parameters of the Consulting Service. Once agreed, BMC will plan and execute the transition process to operationalize the Consulting Service and make an orderly and systematic handover from existing service providers. During this phase, BMC will use the skills and knowledge of existing BMC project teams and the current Customer team to provide continuity and to complete knowledge transfer to the BMC AMS resources.
During transition, BMC will establish the governance structures required to oversee the quality and performance of the Consulting Service delivery.
For new and existing BMC AMS customers, BMC will perform the following for one BMC Product Family:
- Conduct a daily health check
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 Service Management* (Level 1 Service Management is the responsibility of Customer.)
- Fulfill application administration requests to manage application data and content and handle incidents, problems, and changes with minimal disruption to Customer
- Provide standard operational reports including health checks, integration checks, transactional data, and trends
- Maintain in-scope integrations and interfaces which may include, but is not limited to: API, Web Services, BMC Atrium Integrator, and BMC Helix Integration Service. In-scope integrations are subject to BMC approval. (The non-BMC side of the interfaces remains the responsibility of Customer.)
Availability: Access to BMC AMS resources is limited to local business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday in the Customer time zone, excluding Customer public holidays.
Day 2 Operations is scoped according to the following entitlements:
- Application Administration Requests: Up to 200
- Incidents*: Up to 95
- Problems*: Up to 5
- Integrations: Up to 10
- Environments: 3 (Development, Test or Quality Assurance, Production)
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following Deliverables are in scope for this project and will be delivered:
- Due Diligence Report
- Issue Tracker
- Weekly Service Report
- Monthly Service Report
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the Deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- Customer to provide BMC AMS resources with remote access to the in-scope environments
- Customer must have at least 90 days remaining on their current Success Plan subscription
- Estimated Duration: 90 days
- In-scope Products: BMC Helix IT Service Management (ITSM), BMC Helix Business Workflows, Helix Digital Workplace Advanced (DWPA), BMC Helix Discovery, BMC Helix Operations Management, Entuity Network Monitoring for BMC Helix Operations Management, BMC Helix Continuous Optimization, BMC Helix Control-M, Control-M for Mainframe
- Service Type: Technical Assistance
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: APPM_DAY2_002
- Date Last Updated: 10/19/2023