Enterprise DevOps enables the rapid and continuous delivery of applications and services by applying DevOps processes, tools, skills, teams, and leadership across the business.
What Is the Autonomous Digital Enterprise?
The Autonomous Digital Enterprise is the framework for the successful future enterprise. It’s a digital-first business with distinct tech tenets and operating model characteristics that support transformation through actionable insights, business agility, and customer centricity. Enterprise DevOps is one of five tech tenets that galvanize and sustain the Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
Current Business Challenges
The 2021 State of DevOps Report shows that roughly 80 percent of organizations are “stuck in the middle” when it comes to their DevOps journey, with 58 percent saying they still have multiple handoffs between teams to get to deployment. Other barriers to adopting enterprise-wide DevOps include:
- Lack of communication across siloed structures
- Processes outside the scope of core DevOps that provide slow feedback and delay deadlines
- Legacy architecture that doesn’t support DevOps practices and integration
- Manual workflows hampered by people and process hurdles
- Post-release bugs that lead to costly fixes and higher mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Decreased quality, velocity, and efficiency from inadequate staff and skills
How Technology Helps
When applied comprehensively, DevOps principles can quickly add value by enabling end-to-end automation, frequent releases, and creative collaboration across the business. Enterprise DevOps can be used successfully through continuous improvement principles, cultural and behavioral changes, and technology optimized by artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation to help businesses:
- Discover processes and bottlenecks outside software DevOps
- Automate and streamline compliance governance
- Create a frictionless environment for success
- Re-engineer areas like project planning, architecture alignment, and service management
- Yield direct feedback from crash and failure monitoring
- Modify metrics, controls, and policies to automate scanning, testing, and reporting
Extend development processes organization-wide for greater speed and flexibility.
BMC AMI DevX Code Pipeline
Modern mainframe CI/CD tool to quickly and safely build, test, and deploy mainframe code
Acelere la entrega de los servicios digitales mediante la organización de flujos de trabajo de la aplicación.